The RYA Volunteer Awards, the MBE’s of our sport, recognise the outstanding contributions made by volunteers throughout the UK.
Nominations for 2015 awards now invited
- RYA Award – presented to outstanding individuals for their commitment and services to boating and the RYA at a regional or national level.
- RYA Family Award – presented to a family group who is deserving of recognition for the impact they have made both individually and collectively.
- Francis Elkin Award – Presented to an individual who has made a significant contribution in time, effort and personal endeavour in enabling people with disabilities to become involved in sailing.
- RYA Community Award – presented to outstanding individuals for their exceptional commitment and services to boating at club or grass roots level. Individuals must be nominated by their club/centre or organisation to receive an Award, in one of three categories. Clubs may only make one nomination in each category:
- Lifetime Commitment – someone who has shown exceptional commitment and dedication to their club or organisation for at least 15 years
- Outstanding Contribution – someone who has volunteered for less than 15 years but who has nonetheless made a significant contribution. This could be a single or ‘one-off’ contribution.
- Youth – someone under the age of 25 on the 1st October 2015 who has demonstrated a regular commitment and/or inspirational contribution which is over-and-above their own participation or achievement within the sport.
Award winners and their guests will be invited to a special presentation ceremony and luncheon in London in November 2015. This is a great opportunity to recognise and reward outstanding contribution made to our sport by individual volunteers.
For further information and to download a nomination form please visit: www.rya.org.uk/go/ryavolunteerawards
or call or email the volunteering department on 023 8060 4199 email@example.com
Written nominations should reach the RYA by Monday 27 April 2015