Work has begun on refurbishment of the ATL walkway. Throughout the duration of the work, a large crane barge will be moored alongside the pontoon for loading and unloading materials and as a floating workshop. Please phone harbour staff before visiting Queenborough for advice on mooring. Thank you in advance for your patience during these essential works.
Peel Ports have issued a Notice to Mariners warning that Rochester Pier is temporarily closed because a 40 foot motor cruiser has sunk. The wreck is unmarked and is visible only at low tide. Recovery will take place this week.
Our photographer, Alex Cheshire, has kindly published photos of the conference here…
We are grateful to our sponsors Peel Ports, Medway Council and the BMF. The following exhibitors also supported the event: Chatham Marina, Clarke & Carter, Cruising Association, Gillingham Marina, Kent Police, Medway Bridge Marina, Medway Queen, Medway Watersports, Pirates Cave, Queenborough Harbour Trust, Volspec Ltd.
Nick Ardley spoke on Medway’s Hidden Past. Here’s his account of the day…
- Storms, engine failure and some tricky manoeuvres ! – David Long
- The River Seine through the canals and home via Dieppe and Boulogne – Ken Marsden
- Best laid plans, don’t always work out ! – Alan Dann
- Sailing a junk rigged Virgo Voyager single handed ! – Tom Wallace
- The Sandwich Rally August 2014 – Clifford Mickleburgh
Clifford says bring a friend, non-members are also always very welcome.