Medway Yacht Club extends a warm invitation to dinghy and dayboat sailors. The Medway Marathon has provided a yearly challenge for the dinghy and dayboat sailor for over half a century. This year the event will be held this year as part of the Great British Sailing Challenge. The 26 mile course takes competitors through the sweeping main estuary reaches of the Medway River and into the mysterious creeks bisecting wading flats of abundant birdlife. The tides and differing points of sail nature of the challenges the sailors endurance tactics and seamanship. Support and safety however is second to none with guard boats and safety ribs stationed along the course. Come along and spend a Saturday doing something very different.
Key information and access to entry of the race is available on https://www.medwayyachtclub.com/medway-marathon/
- Venue: Medway Yacht Club, Lower Upnor, Rochester, Kent ME2 4XB.
- Entries close: Thursday 04/08/22 5:00pm.
- Great Lakes handicap applies.
- Storage: Boats will be inside the secure MYC compound
- Launching: All tide winch assisted slipway,
- Camping: Free if you wish to arrive Friday. Contact the office on 01634 718399 to book a space.
- Food: Clubhouse open Friday Evening serving a fish and chip supper(Booking is required) and Saturday from 07:30h for breakfast, plus tea/coffee with cake and bar snacks throughout the day.
- Contact: office on 01634 718399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org