Medway/Swale Boating Conference, Saturday 4 March 2017
Following the success of our previous Spring Conferences in 2013 and 2015, our 2017 conference will focus on our maritime heritage, which is what makes the Medway/Swale Estuary so special.
The venue will again be the splendid St George’s Centre at Chatham, which can accomodate up to 200 (plus an exhibition) in surroundings redolent of our maritime history. An impressive set of exhibitors will complement the speakers.
Once again we are grateful for the sponsorship of Medway Council for use of the venue, Peel Ports for significant contibution towards the catering cost and British Marine for sponsoring the name badge lanyards.
Speakers will include:
- Richard Holdsworth MBE on the Dutch Raid of 1667
- Wilf Lower on Medway Tales, Life on the Dividing River, based on his book.
- Henry Cleary OBE, Maritime Heritage Trust and VIC 56
- Cllr Alan Jarrett, Leader of Medway Council
- Dave Newbury, Peel Ports Medway
- Gavin Parson, MSBA Committee Member, Exploring the Medway and Swale by Hovercraft
- Tony Lavelle, MSBA Webmaster, the Early History of the Medway/Swale
- Kelly Tolhurst, MSBA Patron, MP for Riochester and Stood
Exhibitors will include Clarke and Carter, CVS Diesel, Gillingham Marina, Pirates Cave, Queenborough Harbour trust, Maritime Volunteer Service, Crusing Association, RYA, RLNI, Kent Police and more…
As previously, the cost will be £15 for the day including lunch and refreshments.
Entry by pre-paid ticket only. Bookings can only be made online here.
Please download this poster to display at your club or organisation.