Peel Ports have advised that, at about 11:00 (soon after low water) on 7 September 2016, the Grain Power Station Chimney will be demolished. The 244 metre high chimney is an important landmark used by mariners to establish their position.
Queenborough Harbour Trust are organising a classic yacht & motor boat event open to all boats built or designed before 1970. We are delighted to offer free berthing for up to 2 nights for qualifying boats that register with us before 30th September.
Entries so far:
- Kevayling – Freeman 30 (1968), Ray Chitty
- Emanuel – 1928 Gaff Cutter, Robert Holden
- Crow – 38ft Gaff Ketch, Robert Berk
- Linnaea – Dauntless 20ft Gaff Rigged, Lena Reekie
If you would like to join-in please contact Mark on 0770 373 2774 or email email@example.com
This event is being organised with the help of:
- Brian Corbett – Medway Yacht Club & MSBA Vice Chairman
- Yvonne Mitchell – Old Gaffers Association
Last weekend, PCs David Lavender and Ron Murray from the Kent Police Search and Marine Unit took BBC Radio Kent reporter Alex Bish out on their RIB “Seahorse” to show how they look out for terrorists and people smugglers. If you see anything suspicious dial 101 and say Operation Kraken.