Clifford Mickleburgh, who runs the Kent section of the Cruising Association, warmly invites all Medway/Swale boaters to a series of winter talks at the Dog and Bear in Lenham. The talks start at 8 pm but the pub serves good food so you may want to go earlier, say 7 pm, for a meal. It’s best to phone before 5 pm and tell them what you want so there will be less wait for everyone. A small charge of £3 is made for CA members and non-members for the talks.
On Thursday 9 October, we are fortunate to have Captain Bill Sadler, Master of the Trinity House flagship vessel, Patricia, which works around the coast of England, Wales and the Channel Islands undertaking aid to navigation maintenance work, towing, wreck location and marking amongst other projects. You can also enjoy a cruise with a difference joining her as a passenger and see how she completes her vital work. Other talks to follow will be:
- Thursday, 13 November 2014 The adventures of Santy
- Thursday, 11 December 2014 James and Carol Littlewood – Paddington
- Thursday, 8 January 2015 Neil and Pat Lynn “Alexandroupolis or Bust”
- Thursday, 12 February 2015 The Marine Accident Investigation Board
- Thursday, 12 March 2015 Members’ Presentations